Friday, October 11, 2013

You Gotta Be Kidding!

Where-o where are my Android 4.3 developer options?

I'm developing a mobile app for my company. Rather than using an Android emulator with Eclipse, I thought this time I'd use my actual phone to develop against. I looked high and I looked low, but couldn't find a way to turn on USB Debugging. A quick swim through Google and I have my answer. It was not what I expected. Turns out the Developer Options menu is hidden in Jelly Bean. To access the Developer Options you must do the following:
  1. Goto Settings -> About Phone.
  2. Goto “Build Number” at the end of the Scroll list.
  3. Tap on “Build Number” repeatedly (7 times). On your third tap you should see message indicating that you only have 4 more taps to go to ‘become a developer’.
  4. Continue: 4 more taps.
  5. Hooray, you are now a ‘Developer’, go back to the Setting page.
  6. You should see Developer Option menu item in your setting list now.
  7. Open Developer Options and check USB debugging > Ok
Are You Kidding Me?

Our journey continues...

No comments: